" Why Igbos are dumping PDP for APC - Lawmaker - Flavourway

Breaking

Surfe.Pro Crypto Ad Network

Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Why Igbos are dumping PDP for APC - Lawmaker

- A House of Representatives member has given reasons why many Igbo politicians are dumping the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) for All Progressives Congress (APC)
- Tony Nwoye said politicians are decamping from Peoples Democratic Party because the All Progressives Congress Party is organized
- He said he believes the ruling party's primary election in Anambra state will be free and fair
Why Igbos are dumping PDP for APC - Lawmaker
A House of Representatives member has given reasons why many Igbo politicians are dumping the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) for All Progressives Congress (APC), Vanguard reports.
Tony Nwoye, the lawmaker representing Anambra East and West in the House of Representatives said 'Ndigbo' are decamping to APC because he believes the ruling party's primary election in Anambra state will be free and fair.

Nwoye, a former Anambra state chairman for the PDP, has also defected to APC.
He also blamed the leadership of the PDP for the challenges faced by the party.
Nwoye said: "It will not because the PDP problem was self induced. The problem was caused by PDP national leadership. The then PDP federal government did not want PDP to win election in Anambra because they were supporting APGA to please the then governor, Peter Obi."
He said politicians used a few people from Anambra to create problems in the PDP.

"This time around, I believe that the more the merrier. Let more PDP people move into APC. I believe the APC primary will be free and fair and whoever wins will enjoy the support of others. So I don’t see what happened in PDP happening in APC," Nwoye said.
"APC is a disciplined and focused party and it will not allow any crisis to come in.
The former PDP state chairman also declared his interest to run for governorship in Anambra state.

He said: "I have not declared yet, but I will do that in due course. I have consulted widely but I need to consult more with stakeholders and youths (you know I was one time national president of NANS) and religious leaders."
"As long as there is life I will contest. I won’t contest based on zoning. I will contest because I want to bring change. I want to put food on the tables of the oppressed people of this state whose local government funds are being deducted with impunity by APGA -led government," he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you!
THANKS.