" Davido Pretended To Be Poor As Upcoming Artiste – Maleek Berry - Flavourway

Breaking

Surfe.Pro Crypto Ad Network

Tuesday, August 27, 2024

Davido Pretended To Be Poor As Upcoming Artiste – Maleek Berry

 

Popular Nigerian music producer and singer, Maleek Berry has recounted his encounter with his colleague, Davido, during their early days in the music industry.

While appearing as a guest on the ’90s Baby’ podcast, the ‘Calling’ crooner said Davido pretended to be poor while they were working in the same studio despite coming from a wealthy background.

Maleek Berry said he was surprised when he visited Davido’s father’s mansion, as he revealed that was the day he figured the DMW boss was born with a silver spoon.

In his words:

“I was there when Davido only had four thousand YouTube views. When he came to London, I would take him to studio in Bermondsey and record him.”

“It was one of his cousins that connected us via social media. He wasn’t even known then. We were just two Nigerian guys that loved music that got connected.

“He acted around us like one of those poor kids. But when I pulled up to his dad’s crib, I was surprised. There’s money and there’s money!

“I was just so taken aback because at the time, my mind didn’t used to move like he [Davido] had money. He used to blend in with us. When I saw the tower, I was like, okay, they’re rich.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you!
THANKS.