" Why I Ran Away From The Altar - Bride-To-Be Opens Up After 2 Years - Flavourway

Breaking

Surfe.Pro Crypto Ad Network

Monday, May 15, 2017

Why I Ran Away From The Altar - Bride-To-Be Opens Up After 2 Years

Almost-32-year-old Bunmi abandoned her husband-to-be at the altar in November, 2015. 2 years after, she has come out to explain the travails and persecutions she faced from her family following her decision to leave her fiancé hanging and dry. But, in a series of tweets, from her handle: @bunmi_bum_bum:


File Photo

“I left my man at the altar and now both his family and part of mine hate me – a thread…,” she began in a comment posted on Friday, May 12, 2017.

“It was a Saturday in November 2015. It was supposed to be my wedding day. But I was still unsure. I’d been pressured to say Yes. I was sad.

Everyone was like: “You’re over 30; he’s okay, has a good job. What is your problem? Just go through with it!” My problem? I wasn’t happy!

He’d never hit me, but I just didn’t like him like that. I asked for time. Everyone said: “No! You agreed, you must go through with it!”

That morning, I was crying. My mother said it’s normal. I couldn’t accept that. I felt like I was being sent to a cage. I wasn’t happy!

All the fear and anxiety gave me running stomach. I locked myself in the bathroom. One hour; going on two. They said they’ll break the door.

11AM and we still hadn’t left the house for 10AM wedding. My dad asked me: Is there somebody else? I said no. He said: You want to shame us.

I lied then that I loved somebody else. There was nobody but I thought that would make them agree to cancel the wedding. They still refused.

By 11:30AM they were trying to force me into the car. My Dad’s elder sister, who had come from UK for the wedding, said: “Leave her alone!”

She said I had a right to change my mind. If I didn’t want to go through with it, then I shouldn’t. Still, some family members insulted me.

My Dad said I should leave his house. His sister said the house wasn’t his but their late father’s (my granddad). A big quarrel broke out.

My Dad now said I was the one to call my husband-to-be to tell him I’d changed my mind. I agreed. It was the hardest thing I’ve ever done.

Of course they were already in church. He didn’t wait for me to finish speaking. He cut the call. I couldn’t stop crying.

I’ve tried to explain that I wasn’t happy, but everybody still blames me. Some in my own family no longer speak to me. I keep to myself. End”

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you!
THANKS.