" I’ll Concede Defeat Again To Buhari If He Wins Me – Jonathan Reveals - Flavourway

Breaking

Surfe.PRO

Friday, October 4, 2019

I’ll Concede Defeat Again To Buhari If He Wins Me – Jonathan Reveals


Former president Goodluck Jonathan has said that he has no regret conceding defeat to President Muhammadu Buhari in 2015, adding that he would do it again if he has the opportunity.
The former President pointed out that what he did in 2015 will continue to shape political discussions across the continent.
Jonathan pointed out that taking up a public office comes with the readiness of making personal sacrifices.
The Bayelsa-born politician spoke at the constitutional term limits summit in Naimey, Niger Republic.
Jonathan said,
“Let me put it very clearly. If I have the opportunity in a similar circumstance, I will do exactly the same thing.
“I always say that if you want to take a public office you should be ready to make personal sacrifices.
“If you are not ready to help people, then you have no business going into politics.
“What we should also know the process of building a society. People die in the process of building a society.
“I have no regret up to this time, no matter the circumstances, I have no regret because what I did will continue to shape political discussions, not only in Nigeria but across the continent.
“Some people may not appreciate it, but as we continue to strengthen democracy, people will begin to look at conducts that are acceptable and some that are not.
“If the little contribute I have made will help to improve our democracy in the country and on continent, yes, I will do the same thing again.
“Some people raise the issue of people around the president, how do you manage them because there is the tendency for such people to influence the president negatively.
“People like that will always be there. But a president must be ready to resist from being pushed to a direction they don’t want to go.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you!
THANKS.