" We will Declare Saraki, Melaye Seat Vacant – Akpabio Speak Fire - Flavourway

Breaking

Surfe.PRO

Tuesday, August 14, 2018

We will Declare Saraki, Melaye Seat Vacant – Akpabio Speak Fire



The immediate past Senate Minority leader and former governor of Akwa Ibom State, Senator Godswill Akpabio, APC, Akwa Ibom North West, Monday vowed that the Senate would declare seats of Senate President, Dr. Bukola Saraki, former PDP national Chairman, Barnabas Gemade, Senators Rabiu Kwankwaso; Dino Melaye; Usman Nafada; Suleiman Hunkuyi and others who dumped the ruling, All Progressives Congress, APC for the Peoples Democratic PDP vacant. 
Others are Senators Abdullahi Danbaba;,Mohammed Shaaba Lafiagi; Rafiu Ibrahim; Ida Hamman Misau; Monsurat Sunmonu; Suleiman Nazif and Abdulaziz Nyako.
Answering questions from Journalists Monday in Abuja, Senator Akpabio who last week Wednesday dumped the PDP for the APC, said that he was not disturbed over calls from some quarters that his seat in the upper Chamber should be declared vacant.
Akpabio who was blocked at the Foyer of the National Assembly Monday and asked if he was perturbed about reports that his seat should be declared vacant, said, “Even as you are looking at me, do I look perturbed?
I have not heard the report. Because the reason why I think that is a rumour is that there is, at the moment, no division in the APC. The APC is one family. If you hear about R-APC that was not really a political party that was not a division, and has since been consumed in what they call Coalition of United Political Parties (CUPP). So, there is no division.
And so, any defector from APC to PDP, we will like to declare those seats vacant.”
On the question that the APC National Chairman, Adams Oshiomhole had said severally that he would get Saraki impeached this week and that Constitution says two-third was required to effect such an impeachment and how he has mobilized for this, Akpabio said, “I just came in from Ikot-Ekpene, where I decided with my people to join APC.
I’m yet to be briefed on any of those items. I have not heard anything. And what I am hearing now is what you are telling me. But why don’t you wait for me to formally talk to you? I believe that when the National Assembly resumes you will hear from me directly. So, exercise patience.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear from you!
THANKS.